Day 2 Update


Ben is done for the day. It was a bit of a weird one in that he slept a lot. They actually delayed the 3F8 until after noon because he was sleeping and his blood pressure was kind of high. It eventually went in and he is resting comfortably now.

The light at the end of the tunnel just got brighter, too. Dr. Kushner has recommended that this should be Ben’s last round of treatment! He said that they are very happy with Ben’s response so far and that we would really be pushing it to make another cycle before the 24 month window closes on July 12th. He also said that the risk of long term high blood pressure from the 3F8 and Ben’s reaction makes them leery to do another dose.

We are discussing this, waiting on the results from bone marrow biopsies last week and the MRI on Wednesday. Once we have all the info, we will make a final decision for Ben.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *